Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo Jimbo is offline

Default Spell check does not work in Word 2007?

Email is not a problem. My problem is that spell check does not work in Word
2007. I have tried many suggestions and it still doesn't work.

Jim

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Since you mention an email editor, is the problem with spell check showing
up only in email? Because Word 2007 does not provide proofing tools for
email.

"Jimbo" wrote in message
I appreciate your help. These are the answers to your questions:

1. I do continue to see the problem in Windows Safe Mode
2. I do continue to see the problem when I start Word in Safe Mode.
3. I use AOL for my email editor.

What is funny is my grammar checker works fine, the spell checker does not
work at all.

Any other ideas??

Jim

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?SmltYm8=?=,

Thanks for joining in. I checked the "Do not check spelling or

grammar"
option and it is NOT CHECKED. The problem still persists. The spell

check
does not work.

Your continued assistance is appreciated.

Mmmm. OK, back to the really, really basic trouble-shooting steps:

1. Do you continue to see the problem if you start Windows in Safe Mode

2. How about if you start Word in Safe Mode (by holding down the Ctrl

key)

3. Which program do you use as your email editor?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or