Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Extra Blank Pages in Mail Merge Documents

Let's put your syntax right and see what happens?

{IF{Mergefield S2} "" "Put your page break and letter here between the
quotes"}

Brackets here are all inserted with CTRL+F9

saefoo5635 wrote:
I am working with If ... Then ... Else statements in my form letter
mail merge. If there are multiple addressees, then I need multiple
letters. If not, then I only need one.

Example: {IF \* MERGEFORMAT «S2» "" "

and after the last " I've used a page break and the text from the form
letter.

The problem is that I get a blank page when there is no second
addressee. How do I make the form letter stop at the first letter if
there is no 2nd address?