Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HD

Default Still having problem with merging with DBF files

Hi there,

I was having problem merging a Word file with a DBF file. After many hours
and a few messages to this newsgroup, I installed VFPODBC.msi, which
installed itself in the System DSN tab of the ODBC Administrator... I
finally found out that the drivers needed to be installed in the User DSN...
which is what I did... I added them in the User DSN tab using exactly the
same names and
driver... and now the merge between Word and DBF works... almost...
the merge works only with DBF files that do NOT have memo fields... As soon
as my DBF file has a memo field, I'm back where I started again... it gives
me a message : "Word was unable to open the data source".

Anybody has any idea as to why it does that??... I REALLY would appreciate
the input.

H. Dumas