Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelly V[_2_] Kelly V[_2_] is offline

Default Not all my captions show up in my list of figures?

Hi Suzanne!

Yes, all of the codes are exactly the same, I've Shift+F9'd ALL of my
captions, just to be on the safe side, and they're all coded the same way and
correctly, but two of them still won't show up in the ToF -- the heck?

I was reading other posts and thought that perhaps someone along the way had
locked the caption and figure, but that wasn't the issue, either. No
textboxes, no random breaks, nothing is different around those two captions
from the other captions that I've been able to find. Weird! And to make it
even weirder (more weird?) is that ALL of the figure captions showed up in
the ToF until I added one final caption on the VERY last figure, refreshed
the ToF, and boom! Suddenly, I lost Figures 2 and 7! I didn't do anything
out of the ordinary, added the caption to the last one like I did with all
the other ones, no weird breaks, no hidden codes, no nothing...

Maybe I have gremlins...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unless you have the TOF configured to pick up the Caption style, it is
looking for a specific label, which is inserted with a SEQ field. Make sure
that the SEQ field identifier is exactly the same in all the captions. If
you've chosen the default "Figure" label, the SEQ field will be { SEQ
Figure \* ARABIC }.

"Kelly V" wrote in message
I'm having exactly the same problem as Davidy.

I'm not an idiot, I've been using Word for years and I've had issues with
this before, but have always been able to fix it. It's usually been
caused
by someone not using Insert Captions, or a page break or section break
interferes with it, or a hidden text box causes problems. This time,
however, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the bloody thing! All of
the
codes are EXACTLY the same, so there's no frikkin' reason why the Table of
Figures isn't picking them up! I've tried copying and pasting the style
from
a caption that's working to the ones that aren't, but that hasn't worked.
even got desperate and tried Format Painter, but that was a bust.

I'm about ready to shoot this bloody pc right in the monitor - HELP!!!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Was the table of figures created based on a particular style or on the
caption label (SEQ field)? Are there any differences between the captions
that do show up and those that don't?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Davidy" wrote in message
I am using Office 07. In my Word document I have labled figures by
inserting
figure captions. However, several of my figures do not show-up in my
list
of
figures. I have checked that these labels are captions and also that
they
are not text boxes, yet the problem still persists. I have the same
problem
with my list of tables. Can you suggest a solution?