Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Text box "dissapears" and does not print

Check tools options view 'drawings' - uncheck 'picture placeholders'
Check tools options print 'drawing objects' and 'background colors and
images'

Krystin wrote:
I'm working with a document with pictures.
Unfortunately I did not create the original document, so I don't know
how the text box was set up.
I know a text box exists in the document, but after resizing pictures
and moving them around the text box disappeared.
When I print the document the text box is not there (doesn't print).
The only way I've been able to see the text box after making the
necessary changes to the pictures is to go into the "Reading Layout."
I like to operate primarily in the "Print Layout," but when I am in
this layout I cannot see the text box at all.
I am using Word 03.
I've changed the layout of the pictures to "Behind Text" but I still
cannot view the text box.
Help!