Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default Word to HTML for Craigslist ad

Open the .htm file from within Notepad or Wordpad, that should give you the
html source. Alternatively, open the htm file in your favourite browser and
look for the 'Show source' function that almost every browser has.

Yves

"Sesquipedalian Sam" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:39:06 +0100, "Yves Dhondt"
wrote:

Just use the 'Other Formats' option from the 'Save As' menu in Word and
select 'Webpage, Filtered', as your type. That should keep things like
bold,
italics, ...

When I did that, I got a new document with filetype .htm that looks
like the original .docx document. I don't see any html markup.

What I need is a text document with html markup that I can paste into
the Craigslist ad.

Is there a way to get the markup?