Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Inability to print labels

Does your printer have a separate manual paper feed path? From the
envelope/labels tool options, change the tray allocation from manual to
the tray with your label sheets.

Becki wrote:
In Word XP, I'm trying to print address labels (Avery 5660 layout) on
a Samsung ML-1430 laser printer. When I attempt to print, it fails to
recognize that there is either paper (for a test print) or the labels
themselves in the printer. I keep getting the paper out indicator.

When we did a test cut & paste of the mail merged fields into a blank
document (which offset the records), this document printed. This
indicates to me that there may be a problem with the printer
recognizing the size of the sheet of labels. However, in the label
options, the size is correct.

Do you have any tips to fix the options so that I can print?

Thank you.