Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] Tony@amp-dynamics.co.nz is offline

Default form documents

Apologies if this is a really simple question but i am seeking some guidance. I am wanting to set up a template letter with much of the generic information in it already - however I then want to personalise it with the datkl of our discussion. As an example (I am an insurance adviser) I will visit a client for a formal review and then send a statement of advice around the points relevant to the discussion.

In the past I used something or other whereby each section to be altered ws completed by a little box that appeared - I would fill in the text into the box and there might have been 6 or 7 of them. Once completed it created the letter - templated with generic detail but personalised with the individual detail

Can anyone please point me towards the terminology to use and if possible training material or demo

thanks \\Tony