noxela noxela is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesli818 View Post
I have Word 2007 installed on my computer, but for some reason, it's not
working. I am not able to type or edit anything at all. When I try to, the
message reads, "This modification is not allowed because the selection is
locked". I cannot open anything else in Word Options besides the resources
tab, and when I click, activate, it tells me that I have already activated
the program. I cannot do anything, even though my copy of Word is registered
and activated. I really need help!!!!

Two things could be wrong.
1) You have reached the end of the Microsoft Office 2007 Trial.
When this happens you are not able to edit any documents. You will only be able to view and print your documents.
To fix this you need to buy an office 2007 license from http://office.microsoft.com
2) You are trying to edit a protected document.
Some people protect their documents or parts of their documents from being edited. The only way around this is to get an original copy of the file or the password for the file.