It will always appear dimmed when you are working in the document layer but
will (usually) display correctly in Print Preview and will print correctly.

"Knotty" wrote in message
Good thinking thanks. How do I set the header not to dull the picture?

Alistair

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You are not going to be able to 'lock it' in any meaningful way. Put it

in
the template page header for the pages it is required to be on and that

will
prevent accidental movement of it
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

Anything you allow a user to see can easily be copied - so if that is

your
fear, you'll have to live with it or stay secretive..

Knotty wrote:
I copied in a jpeg picture, got it in the right area of the page and
am saving as a template for others. i want to lock the picture but
can't. Its a company logo hence the reason i would like to lock it

Thanks