WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: what does lock anchor mean in relation to textbox

When you insert a textbox in Microsoft Word, it is usually positioned relative to the text around it. However, if you want to keep the textbox in a fixed position on the page, you can use the "Lock Anchor" feature.

Locking the anchor means that the textbox will stay in the same position on the page, even if you add or delete text before it. This is useful if you want to add a textbox that contains a caption or footnote, for example, and you want it to stay in the same place on the page regardless of any changes you make to the rest of the document.

Here's how to lock the anchor of a textbox in Microsoft Word:
  1. Click on the textbox to select it.
  2. Click on the "Layout Options" icon that appears next to the textbox (it looks like a square with an arrow pointing out of it).
  3. In the Layout Options menu, click on "More Layout Options" at the bottom.
  4. In the Layout dialog box, click on the "Position" tab.
  5. Under "Options," check the box next to "Lock anchor."
  6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Once you've locked the anchor of the textbox, you can move it around the page as needed, but it will always stay in the same position relative to the page, rather than the text around it.