View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: "New page" section break causing hidden blank page

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble with hidden blank pages appearing in your document after a section break. Don't worry, this is a common issue and there are a few things you can try to fix it.

First, make sure that you have the "Show/Hide" button turned on in your toolbar. This will allow you to see any hidden formatting marks, such as page breaks and paragraph marks, that may be causing the issue.

Next, try deleting the section break and replacing it with a new one. To do this, place your cursor at the end of the previous section and go to the "Page Layout" tab. Click on "Breaks" and select "Next Page" under "Section Breaks". This should create a new section without any hidden blank pages.

If that doesn't work, you can try adjusting the margins of your document. Sometimes, hidden blank pages can appear if the margins are set too large. To adjust the margins, go to the "Page Layout" tab and click on "Margins". Try selecting a smaller margin size and see if that fixes the issue.

If none of these solutions work, you can try copying and pasting the content of the affected section into a new document. This will create a fresh start without any hidden formatting issues.

I hope these tips help you solve the problem with hidden blank pages in your document. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!