Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paula Jones, MCT, MIITT[_2_] Paula Jones, MCT, MIITT[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003 table reformats when pasted to Word 2007

When you paste into 2007 you should get a smart tag with the option to keep
destination formatting. Otherwise, you could try using paste special instead
of just paste, this usually hangs on to the original formatting.

"Bill Gruener" wrote:

Situation: In a Word 2003 document, I copied a table. I moved to a Word 2007
document and pasted the table.

Result: table converted to text, font size changed, text contained in many
paragraphs, table content extended over two pages.

Troubleshooting efforts: Subsequent copy/pastes did not correct problem. The
content would not return to table format.

Question: What happened? Why? How to avoid in future?
--
CSC