Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Hidden text in a document

Sorry, I'm not following your description. Do you mean that you marked some
text as Hidden, and when your colleague views that document the text is not
marked as Hidden? Or that it is still marked as Hidden (dotted underlines)
but your colleague still sees it and can't turn off its display?

Joshab wrote:
Hello Jay,

I am aware of this option. But if I make a change to a MS document
means make a text hidden this option cannot be viewed by my collegue
on his computer. So the text i have marked hidden is not hidden on
his computer.

Can you help me on this.
thanks

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

"Hidden text" is a font format, just like bold or italic. You can
select any text, go to the Font dialog, and check the box for
Hidden; or you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+H. If you
want to see the hidden text temporarily, you can click the ¶ button
and the text will appear with a dotted underline.

There is no way you can guarantee that someone on another computer
cannot see text you've marked as Hidden -- they can click ¶ just as
easily as you can.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Joshab wrote:
Can anyone please tell me how to make text hidden in a document and
it should appear the same if the file is viewed on another computer
wich is on network.

.