Doug Robbins

Select the row that you want to be the first row of a new table and from the
Tables menu, select Split Table and it will split it for you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Richard L Rosenheim" wrote in message
I was hoping for a more foolproof solution. I don't always remember, don't
always have the mouse in the right position, and occasionally even delete
the blank line...

Thanks for the reply anyway,

Richard Rosenheim

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:893fc$42d89206$97c5108d$21792@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Put something between then, Richard. Like a paragraph return.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Richard L Rosenheim" wrote in message
Using Word 2003, I'm working on a design document, and I'm using tables

control the formatting of blocks. But, when I paste a block, one after
another, Word is automatically merging the two tables into a single

table.
Which besides making it difficult to edit the contents of, is screwing

up
the spacing between the blocks.

Is there a way of preventing Word from automatically merging the
tables
together?

TIA,

Richard