Steffer

Default Translate a book, Swedish to English?

I need to translate a non-fiction book originally published in Sweden 40 +
years ago - for publication in the U.S. Am working from hard cover book (no
original art),and the text includes photos, and perhaps graphs./line
drawings. First thought to hire a translator till I saw other on options on
Web. I'd prefer to do it myself with software - but which one and what else
do I need? The author and family can proof for factual data as well as
consistency/continiuty. But haven't a clue as to whcih products will work
and also not break the bank! What else will I need beside software? I have
a PC and a scanner and know that the scanning will be time consuming.

I'm very excited about this project but really need some help with kicking
it off.

Any advice, etc. is greatly appreciated!

StefFoy

0