Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Calculations in a mergefield.

You are right. That won't work You need to combine your mergefield with a
formula field thus

{=({Mergefield AnnualPremium} / 12) \# "$,0.00"}

Insert the {} bracket pairs with CTRL+F9 and type the rest. Then F9 and
ALT+F9 to update and if necessary toggle the display.

There are some examples at http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

wrote:
I have a mergefield called AnnualPremium. How can i calculate the
MonthlyPremium from this. I've tried { =AnnualPremium/12 } but that
doesn't work. I haven't found any examples of how to do this on the
web but i'm sure there's an easy solution for how to do it. Thanks in
advance,

Daryl