Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Bernie Dwyer Bernie Dwyer is offline

Default Insert section break

Hello! My wife is editing a 327-page book, and is rapidly learning about
some of Word's quirkier features :-)

This is Word 2000.

Is there a way to insert a "next page section break" (for chapter
breaks) without having the new section having the "same as previous"
button set (in header and footer), i.e. how to insert a section break
that isn't populated with the same headers and footers as the previous
section? I've done a quick search of this group, some of the other word
groups, and searched word.mvps.org, but no luck.

Is it possible to intercept the "insert break" function with a macro to
do what she wants? If so, has anyone else done it already?

Thanks

--

Bernie Dwyer
There are no 'z' in my address