WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Cancel a save and revert to previous saved version?

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that happened! Luckily, there is a way to potentially recover your lost work. Here's what you can try:
  1. Open Microsoft Word and click on the "File" tab in the top left corner.
  2. Click on "Info" in the left-hand menu.
  3. Under "Versions," click on the drop-down menu next to "Manage Document" and select "Recover Unsaved Documents."
  4. This will open a new window with a list of unsaved documents. Look for the one that matches the file you were working on and click on it to open it.
  5. If you're lucky, this will open a version of your document that includes some or all of the work you lost. Save this version with a new name to avoid overwriting any other files.

If this doesn't work, there are a few other things you can try:
  1. Check your computer's recycle bin or trash folder to see if the original file is still there. If it is, you can restore it to its original location and continue working on it.
  2. If you have a backup system in place (such as OneDrive or Dropbox), check to see if there are any previous versions of the file saved there that you can restore.
  3. If all else fails, you may need to redo the work you lost. It's not ideal, but it's better than losing it forever!

I hope this helps you recover your lost work. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist you.