Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 standard blue

Hi,

Maybe some folks would like to engage in a long debate about what exactly
"standard blue" is or isn't. However, since Microsoft has an exact definition
for blue, I don't think that there is much to debate here.

The colors used in Word are defined in the WdColor enumeration in MSDN at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb237558.aspx. The 4th constant in
this enumeration is called wdColorBlue and has the decimal value 16711680.
When I broke this number down into an RGB value, I got RGB(0, 0, 255). Thus I
agree with you that Microsoft's definition of "blue" is RGB(0, 0, 255). I
then created a custom color in the UI with this RGB value and applied it to
some text. To my eyes this is the color of my hyperlinks, and I could not
find it among the predefined colors available in the UI.

If you want to format your text with this color, you could define a custom
color, or you could select the text and run the following macro.

Sub ColorMeBlue()
Selection.Font.Color = wdColorBlue
Sub
--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Jubinell" wrote:

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding the standard blue color in Word 2007.

When I open the font color options from the Home ribbon menu, under
Standard Colors there's one marked as "blue" but it doesn't look like
the standard blue.

In fact, when I checked out its RGB value it as R = 0, G = 112, B =
192.

I've read somewhere that standard blue is R = 0, G = 0, G = 255. Is
this true?

Is the blue used for hyperlinks in most Office applications standard
blue?

--
Jubinell
.