Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Can Word open where I left off, not at beginning of file?

Writing_Guy wrote:
I am revising a lengthy manuscript in Word 2003, and every time I
open the file, the cursor is set at the top of page 1. How can I get
Word to remember where the cursor was when the file was last saved
and open the file at that point rather than at the beginning of the
file?

Shift-F5 takes you to the last edit point.

I also Insert Bookmarks here and there to make it easier to find things I'm
working on, especially if it involves spread out data.