Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default picture as table cell background?

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:34:00 -0800, kvon wrote:

Is this possible? I've managed to place a picture in the table cell, problem
is that every time I change the text formatting it moves the picture. I need
the picture to be locked and sized to the table cell. I.e. table cell
background IS the picture, and all text editing is done on TOP of the image
without changing it.

Any help appreciated!!

It isn't possible, at least not in the way you expect.

You can apply a solid color background to a cell through the Shading tab of the
Borders and Shading dialog.

You can set a picture's text wrapping to Behind Text so it won't be affected by
typing over it, and you can click the Advanced button in the Format Picture
Layout dialog to set the location of the picture's upper left corner with
respect to the cell. But you cannot make the picture's size change when the cell
contents make it expand or contract, so in that sense it doesn't behave like a
background. You'd have to adjust the size manually once the cell's contents are
final.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman