Hans

Thanks Doug for your help but I think I was unclear what I want to do.

I have an application that creates a tab separated file (lets call this
data.txt) where one column contains the email address. The application opens
the template file and the template reads the data.txt file. If they want to
mail this document they can click the "Merge to Email" button but then you
would have to select which field is the email field. I wonder if it is
possible to add macro code so they don't need to click on the "Merge to
Email" button where you manually have to select the email field, enter a
subject and click OK). Ideally it should

1. select the correct email field automatically (I know the name of the
column that contains the email address )

2. Set a subject (ideally they would like to have dynamic merge instructions
in the subject as well to customize the subject line for every email. For
example add the contact name which is also part of the data.txt file. Is it
possible to have mailmerge instructions in the subject?)

3. Do the actual send.

Either this could be executed in an event (open) or maybe a button could be
created that will do step 1-3 automatically. I know this sounds silly but
they think 3-4 clicks is too much to do. They want single click
functionality.

I guess I can solve this by following the steps in the URL you sent but it
seems to be overkill in this case.

Regards
/Hans

P.s Sorry for my english but I guess it is better than your swedish :-) D.s