jonesd jonesd is offline
Junior Member

Was this issue resolved? I am having the exact same problem. Figures in one chapter are labeled fine, but figures in later chapters have chapter "0" as the number (e.g. Figure 0.1). Also worth noting, in the "insert caption" dialog box, in the text field under caption, it will correctly have "Figure 4.1" for example, but then when I click OK it will place "Figure 0.1" under the figure.

Please help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom View Post
Are you saying that the captions themselves are correct but not the
cross-reference fields? What happens if you select the document and then
press F9 to update all fields?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"michelle" wrote:

I'm working in a 6 chapter document, and got my chapter numbers linked to the
outline function in word so I can name my figures beginning with the chapter
number, and also linked the chapter numbers to Heading2.
Insertreferencecaption worked correctly for Chapter 1 figures, but for
Chapter 2 and beyond, in the caption dialog box, it appears that the figure
label will be correct, ie: figure 2.6, but when I insert, the chapter number
is replaced with 0 - ie: 0.6. I can't figure this out and it's driving me
mad!