Raghav Das Raghav Das is offline
Junior Member

Default Searching for character in a Devanagari Unicode glyph

I hope that the Devanagari characters in the following message are displayed properly.

For example, if I want to search (using Find and Replace options of Microsoft Word) for the character म within the glyph मि. Then how do I do it?

I mean to say,

IF there is a Devanagari glyph (which is displayed as single character) मि, WHICH is composed of the following two Unicode Characters:

Total 2 characters "मि"

In HEXADECIMAL

92Eh (म) 93Fh (ि)

In DECIMAL

2350 (म) 2367 (ि)

AND I search for the character 92Eh (म) by typing it in the "Find" box of Microsoft Word, then, although this character is present in the Word file, MS Word doesn't find it-----as if it is not there.

However, when the character 92Eh (म) is NOT followed by the sign of the VOWEL [i.e. when it is NOT followed by 93Fh (ि) ], then Microsoft Word easily finds it.

But, as mentioned above, it doesn't find it when it is followed by a VOWEL-sign such as 93Fh (ि).

QUESTION:

How to find the character like 92Eh (म) EVEN WHEN it is followed by a vowel sign such as 93Fh (ि) using FIND (SEARCH) features of Microsoft Word?

It is very important for me to know the answer for this question because I want to write a Word macro to convert the DEVANAGARI UNICODE text to the DEVANAGARI TEXT in the ISCII encoding [using my method].

Thanking you, in advance.