Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wilhansen Li[_2_] Wilhansen Li[_2_] is offline

Default Invoking compare and merge from the command line

But there's no way to pass (macro) parameters into the macros invoked that
way right?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Your best bet might be to put the instructions into a macro, then invoke the
macro from the command line. For example:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE" /mDoTheMerge

starts Word and runs a macro named "DoTheMerge". The command specified after
/m can be a macro or a built-in Word command.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Wilhansen Li" Wilhansen wrote in message
I'm using Microsoft Word documents with a revision control system
(Mercurial). And I want MS Word to handle the merge and comparison when
there
are conflicts. The only way for the tool to handle external programs is to
invoke them via command line (that means, no dde). Is there a way to
invoke
Compare and Merge in word via command line switches? I can't see it in the
documentation.

If that doesn't really exist, I 'm thinking of two possible solutions:
1) Make a macro which does the invoking.
2) Make a program which invokes the compare and merge via COM.

Any suggestions on what I should do?