Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

Default How do I apply AutoCorrect to my whole document?

So are you saying that you have created a bunch of autocorrect entries

e.g, Replace: 1.0 With: inspect paint damage

and they work in lines 1, 3, 5, etc. of your document put not in line 2, 4,
6 etc. ?

That is odd and I have to say I don't have an answer. I suppose Suzanne
Barnhill has about anything about Autocorrect that might help he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm but I don't think
the problem is AutoCorrect. Sounds document related somehow.

You might consider using AutoText

Type out: inspect paint damage and select it. Press ALT+F3 then name it
somthing like xx1.1 (it has to be four or more unique characters), then when
you type xx1.1 and the autocomplete tip displays, press enter.

Another possibility is to simply type your form using your codes and then go
back and run a macro that will replace all of the codes with the the correct
phrases. I have a macro that does this from a Find and Replace Word List
file.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

AngieJ wrote:
Thank You Greg for responding
I work for inspectors to a refinery. The inspectors give me there
checklist with a code and here is an example: 1.1 may mean "paint
damage on plugs" &
1.0 may mean "inspect paint damage" I have alot of those. Not all my
documents are the same but I do use the same info. That is the reason
for the autocorrect. It does work and it makes my job go alot faster
when I don't have to type the entire sentences, you know. But what
works on one line doesn't work on the second line. What I do know is
enter everything for that checklist onto one line and then I drag it
to its proper place. It is time consuming. Do you have ANY
suggestions?

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

I don't AutoCorrect is what you are needing. It sounds like you
need to use REF fields in all the place you what 'like' data
repeated. See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
For some helpful tips using Word.

AngieJ wrote:
I have document with a lot of lines and I have to enter the same
information into each line. First thing I did was enter over 100
entries into auto correct, it will work on the first line but not on
the second, it will work on the third but not the fourth. so on and
so on. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Please help I am
stuck and it is hard to do the autocorrect in one line and drag
everything else. So back to my question how do apply this to my
whole document? Thanks