Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mail Merge with SQL 2000

In that case you haven't entered it correctly.
There are two sets of field brackets each inserted with CTRL+F9 to produce

{ = { MERGEFIELD [fieldname] } * 1 \# "$,0.00" }

[fieldname] is replaced by the actual fieldname of the errant field from
your data source. The rest is typed exactly as it appears above.

Paresh Gupta wrote:
I keep getting
Invalid Character string.......

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Use CTRL+F9 for the brackets and type the rest.

Paresh Gupta wrote:
How to add this field within field.....

Thanks

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Try using { = { MERGEFIELD [fieldname] } * 1 \# "$,0.00" }

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Paresh Gupta" wrote in
message ...
Yes, I update the field after adding the switch. The '.' is my
Regional Decimal seperator. If I look at the record in SQL the
data is like 1232.0034
and this is exactly what shows up in Word.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Did you update the field after adding the switch?
{Mergefield Fieldname \# ",0.00" }
Is '.' your regional decimal separator?
What *exactly* does {Mergefield Fieldname} produce?

Paresh Gupta wrote:
I am doing a Mail merge document with SQL 2000 as my data
source. There are some Money fields which are coming on the
Mail merge document, but whatever I do, they come with 4
decimal places. I have tried the Numeric Switches \# #0.00, but
to no avail. Version of Word is 2003

Please help