Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Default selecting non-contiguous cells to apply protection exception

"Bob Arnett" wrote:
This is Word 2007 and it does allow me to do this if I select multiple
rows
or multiple columns or multiple cells that are contiguous. I am also able
select one individual cell of a table at a time and mark it as exempt.
This
is not to protect them but to exempt them from protection when I protect
the
document. This works fine but I thought there must be a way to select all
of
the individual non-contiguous cells like one can select multiple rows or
multiple columns by holding down "CTRL" when clicking on them.
Unfortunately
this selection process does not seem to work with individual cells.

Hi Bob,

It should work (though it's somewhat cumbersome) if you triple-click into
the cells while holding down the CTRL key.

If the cell contains more than one paragraph, you'd have to triple-click
into the last paragraph.

Regards,
Klaus