Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default MathType Tool Bar does not appear on ribbon of Office 2007 Ult

Thanks for the intervention, Bob. If anybody knows about what does and
doesn't work with MathType in Word 2007... you should!

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Bob Mathews" wrote in message
Steven, the Developer tab isn't necessary in order for the MathType
tab to show up, but having it there doesn't hurt anything, so you
don't need to delete it if it isn't in the way.

One thing you said that I need clarification on before we go farther
-- you "had the trial version and let it expire". You never said you
purchased MathType. One of the features that is in the full version of
MathType that isn't in MathType Lite (the expired version) is the
Ribbon tab in Word & PowerPoint 2007. If you've purchased a copy of
MathType, I can help you get the tab back. If you're trying to find
the tab with the expired version, there's nothing we can do to get it
back short of purchasing a product key. You should still be able to
use MathType Lite in Word 2007 by going to the Insert tab, and in the
Text group, click on Object. MathType Lite should be in there.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor

On 28-Aug-2008, Steven wrote:

I appreciated your comments Bob. I loaded the Developer tab onto
the ribbon and still noted there is no MathType tab. One thing; I
had the trial version and let it expire. When this happens you are
allowed to keep a modified version minus a few bells and whistles.
I am currently a university student and am in two math classes on
line. I have to turn in a test this Sunday and am desperate to find
the MathType somewhere on my computer so I can see what
version it is. I've only had it for one month so I am assuming it is
at least Math 6. What do you think? Could you tell me where I can
locate it since it's not on my Word screen? Also, I read the install
instructions very carefully when I installed MathType and had to go
into Ofice 2003 and do some stuff I can't remember the first time it
loaded. Since it works so very well I assumed I followed all
directions on the initial install.