Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

Default MathType Tool Bar does not appear on ribbon of Office 2007 Ult

Steven, thanks for the follow-up. Glad you got it all sorted out.
(I've been offline for nearly a week, or I would have responded
sooner.)

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor

On 31-Aug-2008, Steven wrote:

Bob and Herb

I went to MathType, got their phone number and called them
concerning this issue. They said this is a common issue when
DO NOT UNINSTALL MathType. Go to their website and click
on the thirty day free trial download. Click on the download which
will detect if you have MathType or the Lite version. Click OK and
then download and install again without uninstalling your present
copy. Uninstalling your copy of MathType confuses the MathType
downlaod server and causes a lot of peoblems. It is important not
to have any open windows, especially Office programs while
downloading and installing.

Once this is accomplished there is no need to re-boot. Open Word
or Excel or any Office suite program that utilizes MathType and
viola!
MathType appears between the Developer and View tabs on the
ribbon and is ready to use. I did these things and now my MathType
Lite is on the ribbon and functioning perfectly.

I'd like to thank both you guys for your assistance and always
appreciate the fact you're here to help. Hope this information is
beneficial
to you two and any others who may have experienced the same thing.
Thanks again. Steven,
Northglenn, CO
--
That''''''''s it!