Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Green John Green is offline

Default Removing a watermark that won't go away

Thanks for the help. I just tried selecting all, copying, and pasting into a
new document but it seems to take the watermark with it. Also, I am trying
your suggestion, but I cant seem to get that to work as I am not able to
select the watermark.

Any other thoughts?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that your document has more than one section (and possibly
also more than one header per section). Proceed as follows:

1. With the insertion point in page 1, View | Header and Footer.

2. If there is a watermark on that page, select it and press Delete.

3. Click the Show Next button on the Header and Footer toolbar to go to the
next header. If there is a watermark on that page, select and delete it.

4. Repeat step 3 until the watermark is deleted from every section/header.

5. Now use Format | Background | Printed Watermark to add your desired
watermark again.

"John Green" John wrote in message
I have a 55 page document, and half of the pages have a watermark on it

and
half don't. What I am trying to do is have no watermark on any of the

pages
and then put a new watermark on all of the pages. But right now, when i

put
a new watermark on all of the pages, half work, and the second half of the

55
page document has 2 watermarks on top of each other. My first watermark

was
"Version 1" and i am on my second draft so i wont my new watermark to be
"version 2" However on the first 20 pages it says version 2, and on the

next
30 pages it says version 1 and version 2 printed on top of each other. Is

it
possible for a watermark to stain a page?