Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Green John Green is offline

Default Removing a watermark that won't go away

Suzanne, I went to the menu bar, selected the view menu and selected header
and footer. It opened up a tool bar and put a box around my first header.
By selecting show next on the toolbar i was unable to select the watermark.
With the header and footer toolbar still active i clicked on the watermark
and it actually highlighted. i then hit the delete key and it removed my
watermark on all the pages. Thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the watermark is a graphic anchored to the header (which is what a
watermark is), you should be able to select it when the header pane is
active. If not, then if may be anchored to text on the page, in which case
you should be able to select it (using the Select Objects tool on the
Drawing toolbar) when the document body layer is active.

"John Green" wrote in message
Thanks for the help. I just tried selecting all, copying, and pasting

into a
new document but it seems to take the watermark with it. Also, I am

trying
your suggestion, but I cant seem to get that to work as I am not able to
select the watermark.

Any other thoughts?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that your document has more than one section (and

possibly
also more than one header per section). Proceed as follows:

1. With the insertion point in page 1, View | Header and Footer.

2. If there is a watermark on that page, select it and press Delete.

3. Click the Show Next button on the Header and Footer toolbar to go to

the
next header. If there is a watermark on that page, select and delete it.

4. Repeat step 3 until the watermark is deleted from every

section/header.

5. Now use Format | Background | Printed Watermark to add your desired
watermark again.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"John Green" John wrote in message
I have a 55 page document, and half of the pages have a watermark on

it
and
half don't. What I am trying to do is have no watermark on any of the
pages
and then put a new watermark on all of the pages. But right now, when

put
a new watermark on all of the pages, half work, and the second half of

the
55
page document has 2 watermarks on top of each other. My first

watermark
was
"Version 1" and i am on my second draft so i wont my new watermark to

be
"version 2" However on the first 20 pages it says version 2, and on

the
next
30 pages it says version 1 and version 2 printed on top of each other.

Is
it
possible for a watermark to stain a page?