Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UmF5X0pvaG5zb24=?=,

I have a text form field formatted as type: date and date format: MMMM d, yyyy

When I lock the document and type January 5, 2005 it changes it to May 1,
2005. I realize there's a difference between 1/5/05 and 5/1/05 and the
computer is switching it to the other format, but how do I fix
it...particularly when I go to the trouble of actually typing "January."

1. Which version of Word are you using?

2. With which LANGUAGE is the text containing the form field formatted?

3. What's your system language?

4. What date format is set for your system's short date?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)