Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default 'Tools-Language-Set Language-Do not check spelling or grammar' does not work on the entire document

This should be working.

"john gibb" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Hi,

I need to Spell/Grammar check documents that may have sections in which:

Tools-Language-Set Language-Do not check spelling or grammar

had been enabled.

I want to disable it in order to recheck spelling and grammar.

However, I find that I can only disable this feature on pieces of the
document, not on the entire doc at once. (I am having to select individual
tables for example.)

Am I doing something wrong by:

a) Edit-Select All
b) Tools-Language-Set Language
c) unchecking 'Do not check spelling or grammar' so that it WILL check
spelling and grammar

?

thanks,

-john