Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jille jille is offline

Default How do I eliminate automatic repagination?

This must be a complex document...I haven't heard of a document taking this
long to repaginate.

I don't know why it's doing this but one thought did occur to me. Likely the
page number or other fields embedded in your headers/footers are
recalculating. You can stop the recalculation by locking the actual field
itself. Click the field and press Ctrl+F11. It won't recalculate unless you
later unlock it by clicking the field again and pressing Ctrl+Shift+F11. I
haven't checked whether these keystrokes can work globally but it's worth
investigating.

"Dale - Tech" wrote:

When I try to open headers and footers to edit them, automatic repagination
occurs, which may take a half hour. How do I eliminate automatic repagination?