Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default Adobe PDF add-on keeps crashing

I would suggest contacting Adobe as this seems to be their problem.

Word 2007 has its own 'Save As Pdf' option. You might want to try that one.
Unless you have very specific needs, it covers the same task as the acrobat
add-in.

Yves

"Amy" wrote in message
I am using MS Word 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. For some reason,
when I try using the Convert to PDF add-on, Word keeps crashing and when
it
restarts it asks if I want to disable the add-on. I've tried it both
ways...
I've disabled the add-on and then I have to print to PDF rather than do a
straight conversion... and I've left the add-on enabled. I estimate it
crashes about 50% of the time. It doesn't seem to matter what the document
size is, it crashes with large documents and with very small documents.
Any
ideas??