Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Sarah Herrmann Sarah Herrmann is offline

Default re writing an actual dictionary

I OCRed an old Maya to Spanish dictionary (hundreds of years old and
thousands of pages, as a hobby, not getting paid). Now I want to copy
it from the pdf format and put it into word, then paste it into excel
(I want the word in one column and the definition in another, so a tab
between them, another problem). Each definition ends with a period,
but there are also periods after numbers. I want to put a pilcrow
after every period, except for the periods after numbers, which need
to be removed, and to remove all of the pilcrows in random places
throughout the text. How do I use find and replace to do this. I used
^13(?.)^t and replaced with \1, but I am not experienced enough.
Please help?