Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Default Protected doc w/ fields you can edit & tab through?

Hi srclary,

By design, the Tab key moves between protected fields, but allows you to input tabs into unprotected sections of the document.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"srclary" wrote in message ...
I am trying to protect a Word doc but allow users specific sections they can
enter in text. I have been able to do this somewhat with the Protect Document
tool but it will not allow me to TAB through to all the fields that are
editable. Currently if you hit TAB in one of these fields it moves the cursor
over instead of jumping to the next editable field.

Can anyone help me out?