Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Record 1 contains too few data fields

Can you post the SQL version of the query here please?

Peter Jamieson

"KingKaos" wrote in message
Yes - by a query in Access

This is really strange - but it I added a field to my Query that was
spaced - eg. If I used Client Name, instead of ClientName - Word would
give me the "Record 1 contains too few data field" message and not let me
use mail merge - I would still like to fix this problems - I have several
table and a few querys that I would completely have to redo to make this
work correnctly (without the spaces)

does any of this make any sense?

Thanks
Keith
Peter Jamieson wrote:
What is the data source? (by "query", do you mean "Access Query" or
something else?)

Peter Jamieson

"KingKaos" wrote in message

I've got Office 2003 Pro - trying to merge a query into word - I've had
not problems with it before (with other querys) but now - I keep getting
this error message - I've loaded all the hotfix files and patches and
attempted to follow one web site that had me change some of the registry
items - but nothing works - does anyone know if there is any way around
this - I can't even set up my mail merge doc with the query fields.

Thanks

Keith