Jezebel

Yep, they're adding functionality at about the same rate as my memory is
deteriorating...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Yeah, one of those task pane subtleties that I have totally not mastered!

so
all may benefit.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Quite right. It's the 'Available Styles' option that restricts the lists

those actually in use.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
"Styles in use" will display the same list that is shown in the Style
dropdown--that is, all the styles that have ever been used in the

document.
Displaying the Style Area and scanning it for styles suspected of not

being
in use is tedious but may be the most efficient procedure. Styles

(aside
from Normal, Default Paragraph Font, and the built-in heading styles)

can
also be deleted from the "Styles in use" list in the Styles dialog.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
When you display style lists, you can choose to display only those
actually
used in the document. The setting is provided differently according

which
version of Word you have, but it's there at least since Word 2000

(might
be
there for prior versions also, but my memory isn't good enough).

You can delete styles in bulk using the Organizer, but you need to

know
which ones to delete. You can print a list of the styles by printing

the
document, selecting Styles from the Print What drop down on the

Print
dialog. So if you're really keen, print the full list of styles,

then
select
'Styles in use' from the formatting dialog, mark off what's now

shown
in
the
Styles list, and delete the rest.

You can also search for, and replace, styles using Find and Replace.

"Klaus Löffelmann" wrote in message
Hi,

I got a document from one of our writers, which unfortunately

consists
of
too many unused styles out of which only a few are really used.

Simple question: Is there a way, to remove all unused styles from

such
document, since the exsistence of all of them is simply too

annoying
now
have to type-set the whole thing. And: I don't like to write a

macro
for
that (although, if somebody knew a source for such a macro, that

would
be
cool, too ;-)

Thanks,