Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default How do I make a TOC in Word using just the 1st word of a paragrap

It's a bit tedious if you have a lot of headings ---

1. For each of your heading styles, create a companion style with the same
formatting but with Outline level set to 'body text'.

2. Format your heading paragraphs (as a whole) using the companion styles.

3. Select the first word of each heading and apply the corresponding heading
style.

"nelsondon" wrote in message
How do I make a TOC in Word using just the 1st word of a paragraph?