Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Can't delete section break (next page)

Now I understand, this in relation to a Multi-Column format.
This can cause aggrevation and I have had the same problem in the past.
Section Break Continuous is the best option to use for Column format
changes, one at start and one at end of the multiple column section (then end
one as you probably know helps with balancing the column lengths).
Is the Next Page break you wish to delete at the start, middle or end of the
multi-column section?
Is the NextPage break the one that starts the multi-column section?
If so, instead of deleting, have you tried changing the break to a
continuous and then use Page Break Before paragraph setting to accomplish the
desired effect.
DeanH

"Bobbi" wrote:

Hi, Bob-

No, that's not working for me either. (That's what I normally try to do.) It
deletes other stuff than the section break!

My problem always occurs in documents where I switch from one column (for
headings) to two columns (for text) using section breaks. Most of the
section breaks are continuous, but sometimes I need to use a section break-

However, I think it's easier to delete in Normal View, not print layout.

Bobbi

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Bobbi,

To remove the section break, one method is to be in Print layout view turn
on the nonprinting character display using the show/hide
icon from the toolbar. Place your cursor just before the section break
indicator in your document and tap the delete key twice.

"Bobbi" wrote in message
No, it doesn't work. I've had this problem previously. Once you insert a
"section break (next page)" it's almost impossible to get rid of.

Sigh!

Bobbi
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)