Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jstar99 jstar99 is offline

Default outlining/document map in word 2002 to 2003

Hi everyone

Question: Is there a reason that MS Word 2003 takes the documents I
create in Word 2002 and promotes all sorts of text to Level 1 outline
levels? Everything will look fine in my 2002 document map and then in
2003, the whole outline is all over the place. When I select one of the
out of line words to check the outline level, these pieces of text have
become Level 1 or so!

Is there a fix for this? Or a way to stop it? Styles and other
complicated numbering and formatting has already been created over
months and I do not want to lose that somehow in the upcoming months!

Thank you so much for your advice!