Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Eric Eric is offline

Default Filters in Word tables (like Excel)?

OK, thanks.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Eric wrote:
Does Word 2003 have anything that would simulate a filter in Excel?

For example, I might have 2-column table. The second column contains a
sentence or a question. The first column contains a topic (statistics,
mathematics, physics, etc.). I'd like to be able to view all the
questions on statistics, and suppress the others.

Any good ideas?

Thanks.

Embed an Excel spreadsheet in the Word document.

Anything else is going to be substantially harder, involving lots of macro
programming. For an example of the sort of thing you're up against, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman