Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OrderedChaos OrderedChaos is offline

Default Inserting fields or document properties 2007

I have inserted some document properties (title and subject) into a template
(dotm) however when I open a new document based on the template the fields do
not update as they are still attached to the template file not the new
document. I have inserted the fields through insert quick parts, field,
docproperty, title. I would rather do this than insert the document property
again (insert, quick parts, document proerties, title) as it shows up as a
highlighted field and easy to replace if they wont something else (i.e. not
linked).

However I did insert the document properties this way as a trial and in the
new document based on the template the document properties box (insert, quick
parts, document proerties, title) is not retaining the style. It retains
everything except the font - which reverts back to Times New Roman.

Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks