Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer

Default Paste Special: Metafile vs Enhanced Metafile

An enhanced metafile is a 32-bit metafile. An enhanced metafile can contain a much
broader variety of commands than a "regular" Windows metafile. Basically, the
enhanced metafile format is a 32-bit super-set of the 16-bit Windows metafile format.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"WebColin" wrote in message
What's the difference between Picture (Windows Metafile) and Picture (Enhanced
Metafile) in the Paste Special options? Is there a good rule as to when to use one
over the other?

At a quick look for pasting Excel sheets, they seem the same, but I'd guess that's
just because Excel sheets don't have any fancy graphics, gradients, etc. But that's
just my guess. Perhaps Windows Metafile is fine for basic shapes and Enhanced
Metafile is better for advanced vector images?

Thanks,
Colin