Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jack Jack is offline

Default View Word 2007 document with odd pages right /even pages left?

I have written a thesis but need to get the page numbers in the correct
format.
Precisely, the odd page numbers need to show up in the top RIGHT, and the
even numbers need to show in the top LEFT.
Any Ideas? Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Word 2003 and earlier, if you have enabled either "Mirror margins" or
"Different odd and even" headers/footers, Print Preview (but no other view)
will show facing pages. I imagine it's the same in Word 2007.

"Bob Arnett" wrote in message
news
I want to be able to view my document on the screen as it would be in a
book
so I can see the two pages side-by-side that will appear in the book
side-by-side. Using the two-page view doesn't do this right since it puts
odd
numbered pages on the left and even numbered pages on the right. I could
insert a blank page a the very beginning of the document but then the page
numbers are incorrect. Is there any way to do this?