Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default why has my typing suddenly turned red?

The most basic reason is of course that someone has actually changed the
text color to red, but I'm assuming that you have already ruled out that
possibility.

My guess is that Track Changes has been turned on. If you are using Word
2003, instructions on how to turn it off can be found he
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...l#AcceptReject.

If you are using Word 2007, click the Review tab, and then click Track
Changes | Track Changes to turn off the tracking. Finally, use Accept |
Accept All Changes in Document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"laurie gray" laurie wrote in message
Typing a membership list - retrrieved from' my documents' and amending
list,
two thirds down typing has gone red - how can I get it back to black?