Franz21 Franz21 is offline
Junior Member

Default Equal heights of columns

Hi,

I am writing a research paper in Word 2010. My problem is this: in the two-column layout, text is at the same height on the top of the page but not on the bottom. Depending on figures inserted in a column, one column might end with about half a line-height's more space than the other column. That looks very unprofessional and as I cannot think of any solution, I am considering rewriting the whole thing in LaTeX which does that automatically.

Do you have any idea how I can bring Word to give those two columns equal heights, i.e. strech any spacings in a smart way?

Thanks in advance,
Franz

Last edited by Franz21 : July 12th 12 at 04:18 PM